Permits, Fees and Guidelines

Permits, Fees and Guidelines

Remember, you must have a permit to do any work within the Road Commission's right-of-ways; and permits are required to install new driveways.

All permits are in PDF form. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print the forms. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free at Adobe's website.

If you already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, simply follow the links below to the permits that you are interested in. After the permit has been printed and filled out it may be dropped off or mailed to the Road Commission for Montcalm County offices located at:

619 West Main Street
Stanton, Michigan 48888

If you require an Oversize Moving Permit, please fax/mail/email the permit form, proof of insurance and a copy of the check that will be mailed. Permit applications can be faxed to 989-831-8776 or emailed to: 

Agricultural Seasonal Transport Permit
Public Utility Seasonal Permit

Driveway Permit and/or Working in ROW Permit

Road Guidelines

Placing Existing Public Road Right-of-Way
Certification of New Roads
Utilities Annual Maintenance Permit - Allowable Activities
Application for Installation of Private Road Name Signs
Standards, Guidelines & Policies for Roads and Driveways

Driveway Permits
State Trunklines

The Road Commission for Montcalm County does NOT issue permits for State Trunklines.
State Trunkline permits can be obtained at MDOT's TSC office in Cadillac.

Michigan Department of Transportation
Transportation Service Center
7915 US-131 Hwy
Cadillac, MI 49601
Phone:  (231) 775-3486

Contact Us

Please click below to make an online payment!